Windows Defender is a free antivirus program which comes with Windows 10 installation. Securing computer from viruses, rootkits, spyware etc should be the first choice and it can be done by Windows Defender security software. This antivirus software runs automatically if it has been installed & configured correctly with all the needed process as per the device hardware and software configuration.
Windows 10 also offers the facility to disable Windows defender Windows 10 but it is temporary and if you are looking for permanently disable then you may need to follow the steps that have been described on the same page. The entire steps have been mentioned by the experts available with us and they also provide assistance for further software problems like how to upgrade your PC from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro, permanently disable Windows defender Windows 10, way to resolve Windows 10 mail app not syncing, removal of Windows 10 laptop password, Error Code 0xc004f074 etc.
There are two methods listed below that can help the users to turn off Windows defender Windows 10. If you face any technical problem with Windows 10 or its services then you may feel free because the best online customer support service has been started in US and Canada. The instructions need to be followed step by step to stop Windows defender Windows 10.
Following are the Methods to Deactivate Windows Defender:
Method 1: Disable Windows Defender Using the Registry:
- Open the ‘Run’ command by pressing “Windows key + R” button and type regedit followed by OK button to open the registry.
- Now the users are required to locate the following path/option which has been mentioned below as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender
- Now search for DWORD DisableAntiSpyware and in case if you don’t find then make a right click on an empty space and then select “New” option and from there hit on DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- After this, name the key DisableAntiSpyware.
- Open the newly created key and then set the value from 0 to 1.
- At the end, restart computer to save the changes.
Method 2: Deactivate Windows Defender Using Local Group Policy
- Press the “Windows key + R” button at a time from the keyboard which will open the Run command.
- Now, enter gpedit.msc in the run box and press the OK option to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Now, need to click on the Computer Configuration option and after this move towards the Administrative Templates and open Windows Components followed by Windows Defender click.
- After this, make double tap on turn off Windows Defender and from there select “Enabled” option.
- The further steps will be to click over the Apply option followed by OK button.
Contact at the Windows 10 support phone number for any further related help. Here a team with right solutions is available to offer you best customer assistance with 100% reliability. This service can be fetched 24 hours from all the cities of US and Canada.